Bismuth Bi 5N 99.999 blocks - 100 grams
Bismuth Metal 5N Pure (99.999%) - 100g
Laser-cut, vacuum sealed packs of lab quality 5N bismuth for sputtering target and other applications. Typical block size is 200g. Other cuts and dimensions may change price depending on availability - all orders subject to manual verification and confirmation, so please make sure you provide valid contact details when ordering. Lead time 5-20 days.
Element 83 has quite the repertoire of unique features:
- It has a low melting temperature making it perfect for DIY casting projects and alloying.
- With some practice, you can make beautiful hopper crystals by melting it.
- It is the most diamagnetic naturally occurring element (repels magnetic fields).
- It has one of the lowest thermal conductivity values among metals.
- It expands upon solidification like ice from water, and can be used to make a tight-fiting casting such as typesetting.
- It makes an excellent lead substitute due to being non toxic, although you should still wear protection when handling it.
- In earth's crust, it is twice as rare as palladium and only twice as abundant as platinum and gold.
- Increased phase-out of lead in manufacturing means demand for Bismuth (and its price) will skyrocket - it's only a matter of time.
- Bi is very brittle so expect some crumbling during shipping. We always strive to provide the biggest chunks possible.
- Metal: Bismuth - Bi
- CAS: 7440-69-9
- Purity: 5N - 99999
- Weight: 100 grams
- Multiple quantities will ship as per customer request
We Also Recommend